Thursday, March 02, 2006

contained within a multitude

There seem to be lots of contradictions, right, and sometimes people believe that this means something. I frequently contradict myself because I think many different things and see many different points of view. Many people who believe that they have exploited their natural rational abilities to remove superstition and paradox from their lives have really just apotheosized various aspects of a particular (and partially discredited) system of rational analysis (boolean logic) and replaced a realistic assessment of their own contradictory perceptions of the world with a censored worldview that permits only those contradictions that they have failed to examine.

I don't understand these people who behave as if they are completely sure of themselves and their beliefs. Not that I want to change them or even think that there is any need for them to change: simply it bears no relationship to my own experience, which, as I may have mentioned at one time or another, is fraught with continuous hysteria, revelation, and doubt. I should say, I don't consider that I have any special way or understanding. I follow the light that was set for me, because there isn't anything else that I see to do. I see a world illuminated that reveals a host of contradictory evidence in a context where it is not always clear that one source of evidence presents clear and obvious reasons for superceding another. This doesn't cause me any problems, however, because I do not see paradox or contradiction as being inconsistent with a consistent and complete worldview.

klik if you demand tedious explanations of every little thing.

No comments: