Monday, March 20, 2006

ninety five's thesis

Well, back up five lines or so and resume the thought. Terrible cycles, yes, the theme for the last five years, and we will, once again, begin a session which we call...

Retrospect.

5 years ago, today...

I said: "Just push it a while longer yet, gotta get some things done."

Four years ago today...

"Be strong. Be strong. Time. Sleep."

Three years ago today...

"Jeezus, I mean okay, yes, honor and boldness and carpe diem and glory and God but sometimes I'm just tryin' to survive and God knows it ain't easy in this world."

Two years ago today...

"Rain, thunder, lightening, strange howlings in the night and I... I? I! I do not know too much. I am trying, but then I am given to believe that trying alone is not sufficient. I am not tired enough and it is far too late. Things, as I may have pointed out or alluded to, have in more ways than I can count not worked out as I had planned, or hoped. Or dreamed."

One year ago today.

I said: "Further up and further in. Maybe. Eight now it all just seems like round 'n round. Oh, but a new day always dawns."

Today. Then. I sigh and smoke and worry about tomorrow. Cycles, yes. Still with me.

klik if you demand tedious explanations of every little thing.

No comments: