Monday, March 20, 2006

If I pass not this way again

I wish it all were better, I wish it all were good. No use, no use, not in this world, not in this life, but even so I wish it were. I wish it were all strong, mighty, rousing, sufficient to wake you up, to wake me up, to wake us all up to life, to this astonishing, inexplicable invention.

Will you bear with me as I work it all out? I bet you won't, and maybe that makes you the smart one despite my high IQ. If I'm so smart then why ain't I rich? Say I say that it is not my desire say I say I will not be turned but what do I know. No one's offering to buy this thing that I refuse to sell.

But don't blame me, don't argue, don't push. I'm not asking you for anything, no one can ask anyone for anything. Nothing in my hand I bring, only to the cross I cling. We all get nailed in the end. Finally to stop these grasping hands, fixed and held. Finally to halt these wandering feet, fixed and held. Finally to still this restless heart, a spear driven in the side. Finally to quiet this angry tongue, choked silent a sour sponge soaked in gall, vinegar, cheap wine cut off my cheap whines. Finally to darken this relentless mind, forsaken, and have given up the ghost.

Seek and who knows what you would find. If we sought a better way, if we sought a different structure of value, if we sought to live our lives with intention, with mindfulness, with integrity, who knows. Are you a happy cow? Do you expect to find the answer on that flashing screen? No chance friend: if there's anything close to an answer that has risen from the human mind, you can bet your ass it exists in the form of text.

klik if you demand tedious explanations of every little thing.

No comments: