Wednesday, March 08, 2006

third vision of the future

I dreamed that I was living in the city I live in now, in the apartment I lived in up to a little more than a year ago. I had just gotten this enormous dog, a german shephard, from the pound. I was suffering the painful realization, as this adolescent wolf tore up my little one-bedroom apartment, that I had made a grave error. How could I have thought I could have any size of dog in my living space, let alone a huge one? And now I was strapped with the thing for a dozen years at least, unless I could find someone to take it off my hands. It went without saying that I couldn't take the thing back to the humane society.

The dog was not going to give me the chance to worry about how I'd managed to be so irresponsible. He was going after something in one of the cupboards. I went to see what had him all riled up: the cupboard was full of kittens. I'd gone out and picked up a huge dog and forgotten completely about my pregnant cat. There were at least a dozen kittens. I pulled the dog back by its collar and the kittens started trying to speak English to me... wierd, eerie, cat parroting of meaningless small talk phrases. I thought the dog would probably calm down if I walked it, so I left the kittens to fend for themselves and took the shephard outside. He dissapeared soon after.

Horrors walked the streets, twisted, vailed masses wrapped in filthy rags. Some were naked except for cloths wrapped around their faces. They had warped, gaping, eyeless faces where their crotches should have been. The faces were dead and immobile. Blocks of the city seemed to have been ripped out leaving broken ends of rotten black roots behind.

klik if you demand tedious explanations of every little thing.

No comments: