Friday, March 31, 2006

killer bean

May I just say that I find it objectional that a considerable percentage of Corporations supply their coffee addict wage slaves with free access to their drug of choice, while my cigarette habit is self-funded yet nevertheless denigrated and relegated to cold back alleys and crowded doorways? Now, I realize that coffee is viewed by most of these pathetic junkies as an absolutely essential aid to getting a damn thing done in the morning, tired and grey as they all are from having their circadians screwed seven ways from Sunday by the agricultural paradigm that people should get up early to work. I realize that they get terrible headaches and cannot take a proper shit without their fix. But even so, isn't the leading principle of America equality? Just because I choose to screw up my mind by burning a leaf instead of boiling a propagule, should I miss out on the benefits of employer-supplied stimulants? Cigarettes are, after all, the most profitable product in this modern world. You would think this would count for something among the business classes. Of course, they don't provide free work related access to any of the remaining three of the five pillars of the Shareholder economy (gasoline, alcohol, and electricity). Which makes me wonder: just what is it about coffee? Who's running THAT confidence game?

klik if you demand tedious explanations of every little thing.

No comments: