Monday, March 20, 2006

shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot

Not too long ago I was at a party and got into a discussion with some former Israelite with a strange name about gun control. About five minutes in I suddenly realize dhow ridiculous and pointless it was to pursue this debate, we were both just trotting out canned statistics generated by agencies far from bias, and neither one of us had the slightest intention of changing our views. So I just stopped talking, let him have the last word, whatever.

Nevertheless, when I came across a satirical editorial yesterday that facetiously suggested a plethora of restrictive knife control laws to curb a recent spate of stabbings, I couldn't help but think, well, yeah, talk to me when some guy stabs twenty-five people in a MacDonald's.

klik if you demand tedious explanations of every little thing.

No comments: