Friday, March 31, 2006

fuquetue

Some people might like to contact someone regarding something they've encountered in the Kingdom Come Institute, particularly when the content contains the assumption that they hold certain opinions and proceeds to call them "Asshole" for holding it. Knock yourself out: I fully support human beings behaving as if they had free will, and there are many methods of contacting me. Some of them are contained in these pages, others are available by the usual methods. I do not, however, provide a convenient clicky-link that will pop up a e-mail form all ready for you to vent your impotent rage. So you will have to do at least a little bit of work. Before you expend your labor needlessly, I do beg you to consider certain facts.

1. I do not "represent" the Kingdom Come Institute: I am merely a semiautonomous semantics engine on its behalf and a member of its set.

2. Bear in mind that your are responding to a work of fiction in progress. If this strikes you as a worthwhile thing to do, more power to you.

3. Consider the significance of the fact that you are responding to the nickname "Asshole."

4. I'm really smart, so chances are you're wrong anyway.

5. I will not, of course, reply, unless, in fact, I do.

Here is a pre-generated form letter you can consider your reply if you do contact me and fail to receive a response. Please feel free to bookmark this page and return to it anytime you feel like getting some answers.

Dear Asshole,

It is with sorrow and dismay that I deny you a personalized response to your trivial correspondence. One of the following reasons is probably responsible for this failure to reply.

1. You said something so stupid in the first three lines of your message that I was compelled to immediately relegate your dismal opinion to the most convenient waste receptacle.
2. You are either a. clearly guilty or b. clearly innocent of whatever it is you are objecting being accused of. In either case, further commentary is clearly unnecessary.
3. You have made a valid and thougghtful response for which I have no snappy reply at hand. Consequently I choose to respond with a disdainful silence.
4. It is clear from your reply that you have failed to comprehend the content that you are objecting to. Since only bad fiction has to be explained, I decline to reply, as I refuse to accept that I am a poor writer.
5. So sleepy.

klik if you demand tedious explanations of every little thing.

No comments: