Monday, March 06, 2006

An insightful critique of gender neutral language

Do I have a price? Certainly I have traded my time for sums small and smaller, for causes good, ill, and neutral. But can I be bought. To the Shareholders, and I think you're well aware who you are, I say: Try me. I control the visionary genius necesssary to hand the world on a platter to one of the five richest men on earth (I'm well aware that all of you are men and that all of you speak-a my language, so in this one instance my use of the term men in the apparently implicitly sexist universal sense is in fact a literal usage of the common proper meaning rather than a biting social satire on the patriarchy as a whole). Anyway, I think I can probably throw a fair chunk of immortality in with the bargain: You just have to give me a figure. Make me an offer I can't refuse. I dare you. Bill, I think you know I'm thinking of you. You're young enough to have a really fine shot at a grotesquely long life.

klik if you demand tedious explanations of every little thing.

No comments: