Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Dream

Almost exactly 5 years old.

In a college classroom, unsure of the subject, maybe computers, it seems
like there were computers on some desktops. But then again the desks seem
vaguely like lab benches, long, tall, narrow and topped with that waxy black
whatever. It isn't important. Noone is paying attention to whatever the
subject of the class is. Everyone is thinking about an important football
game that is occurring at the same time. The stadium can be seen from the
window, the scoreboard can almost (but not quite) be made out. The
instructor, a vague and inneffectual presence at the front of the room, is
trying vainly to retain order and engage the class. I'm on the verge of
telling him to give it up and let everyone go to the game. It's nearly half
time.

People are pulling out bags of weed. Several people have them. In the
dream I want some and feel jealous of them. An old college friend is
sitting beside me and draws my attention to the bag he is holding: It is
full of dense, very mature buds and mushrooms. The mushrooms are strange,
very dark, with a mottled, stippled texture and a sticky appearence. He
gives me one of the mushrooms and I start biting chunks off it. I promise
to return the favor somehow. He explains that he had a =rough night= as a
result of these mushrooms the previous evening. When I try to remember what
I did the previous evening, the dream dissolves into a cascade of images
from other dreams of the night. I wake up with the distinct impression that
I've eaten something strange, and all day I've been nagged by a vague
feeling that it's about to kick in.

this is what is up with this.

No comments: