Tuesday, February 28, 2006

further elucidation

And at another end of another year, regardless of the efforts of struggling entrepreneurs, workaday wage slaves, highly paid entertainers, regardless of who one nation's elected executive leader diddled or which small and relatively powerless nation was the subject of a =strike against terrorism,= regardless of whether the pope dies, whether you make your rent or not, whether she walks away from you and never once looks back, regardless, most of the value, the juice, the wealth of the wonderful 20th and soon to be 21st century technological paradise winds up in their pockets.

aside - I wrote that, it appears, August 24, 2000 (or at least that's the last time I modified it) which sort of disturbs me. Apparently the character of the near future was a little bit more obvious than then than it seems like to was to me now. One is always distracted from what they knew the whole time by the gaudy shock of the actual turn of events. As I learned a little more than a year later, I suppose).
klik if you demand tedious explanations of every little thing.

No comments: