Monday, September 26, 2005

Zelwegger on Chesney Marriage "Fraud": a Philosophical Difference?

Oscar-awarded actress Renée Zelwegger broke her silence on her star-cross'd, four month marriage with Country-Western music star Kenny Chesney in a statement released through press agents.

"The press has unfortunately fixated on the term "fraud" being cited as the reason for my filing for annulment with Kenneth. Rumors about money issues or sexual incompatibility are simply untrue. And might I note aside how convenient it is for the so-called Society journalists to dwell on the presence of these rumors, with all the attendant public interest these sorts of prurient intrigues attract, while fatuously holding that they are not themselves the perpetrators of such slanderous speculations because they merely 'report' what others are saying.

"In truth, Kenneth told me that he preferred that issues of our personal beliefs not be aired in public, a wish I hoped to honor. Unfortunately, with negative public speculation beginning to turn to me, this is no longer possible.

"I dissolved my marriage with Kenneth Chesney based on philosophical differences. I must stand by my citation of fraud, however. It pains me to say that Kenneth misrepresented himself to me about what he believed. It is certainly no secret to the press that I am a long-time and dedicated Trope Nominalist. I never represented my views any other way to Kenneth. He knew that I saw a world intrinsically devoid of universals, essences or essentials. All interpretation is abstraction generated by metaphysics which are purely a product of the mind and language. During our courtship Kenneth never spoke out against my views and while he didn't actually embraced them, I certainly was given the impression that his beliefs were at least parallel to mine. Kenneth said that he didn't classify his system according a specific philosophical school, but I read him as at worst a sort of pseudo-Realist, functional Resemblance Nominalist, maybe veering into Social Constructivism at times.

"When we got married and started talking about building our life together, it became clear very quickly that Kenneth was really a very radical, cold-blooded Essentialist. He saw everything as a idealistic vessels to be filled with their little grocery list of essential characteristics and be defined by their fundamental natures, and so in turn serve as intrinsic components of greater entities, all converging gloriously together to build Kenny Chesney's Great and Magnificent "Real World." His refusal to this day to own up to the defining label of Essentialism is just an ironic footnote to the fundamental absurdity of his outmoded belief set. Far beyond concealing his fundamental antagonism towards my beliefs, Kenneth is guilty of the worst kind of fraud: intellectual fraud. I feel for Kenneth's fans. They have no idea that he regards them as mere consumers of a Social Fact that he has generated out of his whole cloth of universals."


It’s Rome, Baby! Home
It’s Rome, Baby! Archives & Disclaimer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now can she tell us in plain English? fwh73@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

So does this mean she can't give head? HS

Anonymous said...

all those profound words of horse shit!
this is the same dumb blonde that
rolled up at a kenny show last year
in a brand new porsche{ie nazi}
talk about letting ones fans down.
she must be hanging around russel
crows anti anti crowd
please,
the knowing