Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Fats Domino-New Orleans Alliance

The 77 year-old R&B idol, who had earlier lamented that he and his family had lost everything, appeared with new resolve to announce that he would single-handedly lead the reconstruction of Hurricane Katrina-devastated New Orleans.

"What can you do? How long can a man watch something he loves being pawed and insulted by the lowest kind of soulless jackals? I've been working in the recording industry for fifty six years, I've never seen such a bunch of fools, and dear Lord that's saying something. I'm an old man, I don't want this. I said twenty years ago I wouldn't leave New Orleans again. I'm going to make sure it's true next time I go back."

Domino's discussion on his vision for his home town carried the first startling revelations that the Bobkat Music Trust, founded by manager Robert G. Vernon partnered in 1995, has been quietly but deeply investing in core nanotechnology start-ups and basic patents for nearly a decade. Domino declined to speculate about manager Vernon's decisions to attach assets derived from thousands of songs and video productions controlled by the trust to a largely speculative and untested nascent technology of the transformation of matter at the molecular scale.

"I've been with Bob ever since I thought I'd settled back down in New Orleans for good. He always treated me right. I trust him. He's got all kinds of things going on. He wrote a screenplay about the secret government conspiracy. It's pretty good."

New New Orleans, which will be rebuilt from the remnants of the old on the molecular level, is planned to be entirely flotational and covered by a network of retractable geodesic domes.

It’s Rome, Baby! Home
It’s Rome, Baby! Archives & Disclaimer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so the ads are somehow related to the content on the page. How else would Fats Domino be connected with Lance Armstrong, Osama Bin Laden, and George W Bush?

scrivener said...

How else would Fats Domino be connected with Lance Armstrong, Osama Bin Laden, and George W Bush?

Shut UP man, they'll kill you if you keep asking those kinds of questions!