Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The retribution of extreme mortality

No Drive. 11:02 pm, not thinking about too much. Got up around nine or so, was sitting watching the snow fall down around me, and it occurred to me, in that more than intellectual way, that my days were truly numbered. That there was a finite number of waking ups, and I was really LOOKING at the snow fall - at the flakes falling, stretching back in such clarity, the silence and presence of the falling snow... I watched individual flakes, trying to follow one flake from as high as I could spot it to as low before it hit the ground - appearing out of one uniform stretch of white sky, down to white snow covered ground disappearing, feeling deep in my body the fact that I would only see this so many times, you know...

klik if you demand tedious explanations of every little thing.

No comments: