Monday, April 03, 2006

censored for your pleasure

I have a job: eight hours of my day are dedicated to being a wage slave. Now, I like my job, and the people I work with, and I like to think that the work I do has a larger societal value. But a wage slave is what I am. This is because I do not posess an ownership stake in my business. I work for CENSORED.

CENSORED recently published a typically cranky salvo against CENSORED. One of his key arguments was that CENSORED was created in a time of fear of a monopolistic control of television by the major networks. He put forth that in this era of one hundred fifty television channels, this was no longer a justifiable concern.

You know, I'm CENSORED astonished at the vileness and fantastical filth that continually spews out of the wealth class controlled media engines of this wealth class controlled nation. CENSORED should take a good look at his corrupted visage in the bathroom mirror when he gets up in the morning and then CENSORED himself in the CENSORED. Are you people insane? Are you telling me you honestly can't see what's going on? Our entire main stream media, the whole enchilada, is owned by a handful of corporate players. This is television, radio, movies, music and books. Innumerable tie-ins. If anything, the media universe is more exclusive and incestuous than ever. All these old white men, do you dig? It's just your typical inbred monoculture. Which perhaps explains why it is so sick, sick, sick and wrong. Now the internet biggies, CENSORED and CENSORED and CENSORED and the portal people, CENSORED and CENSORED, are cozying up to the networks, it's CENSORED and you handle the content, boys, we'll handle the access and we'll all whistle a merry tune forevermore. This is Spider Mating Season we're observing, and the only question is who's going to eat who. They're sizing each other up, believe me, and making dark plans in their dark souls. If we allow this to happen, this unholy alliance of the information machines and the entertainment, that's it. We're done. Too much economic power in one place. Listen, antitrust laws exist not because we're so crazy about fairness in the free market. They exist because a company that gets big enough is a threat to liberty.

So, briefly, CENSORED can CENSORED his CENSORED CENSORED. CENSORED is a temple prostitute for the religeon of shareholder value, and he pays fully for his whorish perversions, I have no doubt. Nevertheless, it is the will of the people: you get what you buy. I, meanwhile, will do my work, keep my home, vote the responsible third party and support CENSORED privately as well as in my employment. I kind of like there being a different voice in the fray from time to time.

klik if you demand tedious explanations of every little thing.

No comments: