Tuesday, January 31, 2006

state of yo mama address

The only thing I know for sure about this evening is that I won't be watching the State of the Union report in half an hour.

You know what I like about America? That if you don't care for that particular bit of political PR, you have, as an alternative, South Beach. That about sums it up.

So, an hour later, its presumably underway, so yes. The story so far: When I started blogging, I decided it would be "okay" as long as I did not write about religion, politics, or philosophy. But now I'm doing whatever the hell I feel like, you got a problem with that? To celebrate, you may now purchase a t-shirt featuring a very small portrait of presumed Supreme Court Justice (I haven't been paying attention for several hours) Sam Alito. With a coathanger drawn on his chest.

Whatever the hell I feel like.

So, politics. No, seriously, why would I watch George W. Bush deliver the state of the union address. I do not need to be informed that the occupation of Iraq is necessary and that it is going swimmingly, I do not need to hear that it is perfectly fine and legal (and of course necessary for our security) for spies to wiretap Americans without reference or observance of the relevant constitutional law.

If anything particularly egregious or interesting happens it will be all over the internet anyway.

I realize, thinking on it all, that it is beyond just America being on the skids, the Rome syndrome. Honestly, it is beyond doubt that the current generation of human civilization, society, is doomed. Not because of our latest petty little war or smog or terrists or WMD. Because of disorganization. I differ from most of the doomsayers in not believing that it is particularly imminent, though it could certainly happen at any time. I just believe it is inevitable in the next, say, ten thousand years. Which seems like a long time but it is just a meaningless blip in the life of a species. Eventually something genuinely catastrophic, something on a global scale, will go down. And we just won't be able to deal with it. Probably intelligence will never rise again and in about five billion years the expanding sun will engulf the planet.

this is what is up with this.

No comments: