Wednesday, January 18, 2006

filthy lucre: an aside

The system of patronage I originated for my epochal 33 Magazine (now defunct) has been closed. I could go on and on about this. Suffice to say, that although I don't think anyone took it particularly seriously, I promised a lot of stuff to people who I am close to, and then came to realize I didn't have time to create it all. It will take me years to discharge all of these responsibilities. I still owe my cousin Nathan a story from when I was like fourteen. This is all true, I gots problems. But I'm not trying to filter anymore, not having to is the only thing the internets is any goddamned good for, so even if it had worked it would be bad form to ask money for it now. I'll leave that up to the sponsors. Anyway, what I learned about patronage is that the foundation of successful patronage is knowing rich people. I don't know any rich people. Generally my friends are doing okay but the best off of them are not what I would call rich.

However, it seems bedrock that if you have to mention money anyway, you might as well try to hustle some. So, though I'm no longer looking for individuals to simply support me in exchange for being some sort of font of creation, you can purchase things that will result in me being given money.

Liberal Scum, my tiny experiment in aggressively liberal merchandise. I gotta say that "IMPEACH" shirt is looking more indispensible to me every fucking day. If a few other people thought so I could afford to buy one of my own.

my viral heaven commerce locus 

NOTE LATER - This thing is long defunct so I removed the link.  The "Liberal Scum" Mousepad is improbably still extant so I guess I'll leave that for now, of course no one has bought one for many many years.  I'm using mine right now.

I love that damn "I'm Part of The Thing" logo so much I stuck it up on everything they had in stock, but I don't think it exactly speaks to the people. But if you needed an overpriced piece of crap with some sort of busy, eyebending nonesense on it, well, that's what Cafe Press is good for.

this is what is up with this.

No comments: